Day 7 - Friday 26th July

My morning started with a bit of a mindless panic at 0430. My mosquito ned had landed on me and I woke up with the sensation that I was being eaten alive by 1000 mosquitos at once. I scarpered out of bed without disturbing anyone and made emergency repairs on my net sprayed myself with insect repellent, and went back to bed.

I woke up next at 0650 with a yell from Ms. Fitzgibbon for the alternating days run. Ewan, Tom and myself jumped into our kit for the 5k ahead. The run involved a circuitous route around the local pot-hole ridden roads with sharp turns being made whenever there was sightings of a dog!

Later on, we were invited to take a look at the SJS Kinder Garten’s ‘day of colours’. Their rooms were bedecked with yellow, green, red and blue and the children had brought lots of brightly coloured objects in, whilst also being dressed in their respective colours. The final lesson, before we were needed at music practice, was with the GKV primary school from down the road. It was an absolute pleasure to teach such responsive children!

Music practice was great fun; we almost completed all of “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey, with the school choir.

As I write this, I was just returned from a hard, sweaty match of handball with the local school children. My socks are satined red from the dusty clay, and I’m absolutely exhausted! I hope our trip to Kanyakumari tomorrow (the southern most tip of India) is as good, if not even better than today.

By Jamie









3 comments:

  1. Great to hear all the news again - many thanks to the authors. Tom, you must have run more in the last week than you've done for years!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're having a nice time Kimberley - just finalizing my packing for tomorrow. Just heard some great news! Dad passed his piano exam. I'll try to get onto the blog from Chicago - Speak soon. Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loraine Watson26 July 2013 at 09:14

    Sounds like a series of great experiences. I really liked the photos of the younger children in all their different colours. Have a great weekend! Loraine

    ReplyDelete